Edinburgh, Scotland EH8 9YL
LLM in Criminal Law and Criminal Justice
This programme offers the ideal opportunity to study contemporary debates in both criminal law and criminal justice at an advanced level. Our wide portfolio of courses will help you understand the key concepts and theories underpinning criminal law and criminal justice and how they operate in practice.
It is suitable for students who have studied law at undergraduate level and wish to develop their understanding of criminal justice in particular. It prepares you for further work in this area, whether professional or academic.
The programme covers the following core areas of criminal law and criminal justice:
- Current issues and contemporary debates in criminal law and criminal justice
- Doctrinal and theoretical approaches to understanding and critiquing criminal laws and criminal justice thinking
- Philosophy of criminal law
- Organised crime and corruption
- International criminal law
- Sexual offending
- Global crime and insecurity
- The penal process
The programme can be taken full-time over 12 months, or part-time over 24 months (due to current UKBA regulations, part-time study is only available for UK or EU citizens).
Financial Aid: Yes
Out State Tuition (per year): The tuition fee for International students on this programme for 2017 entry is ￡19,300 USD
Classification: Higher Education Institution (Not Carnegie Classified)
Locale: Midsize City